Department of Physiotherapy
Introduction of Deportment
The department of Physiotherapy is a specialized division within a healthcare or educational institution that focuses on the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of physical impairments, functional limitations and disabilities. Physiotherapy also known as physical therapy, aims to enhance the quality of life and promote overall well-being through various physical interventions, exercises and techniques
Promoting the health of society by enhancing movement through contemporary, evidence-based physical therapy education, fostering servant leadership, efficacious clinical reasoning, and compassionate reflective practice.
- 1 Promote Physical Health: The primary mission of physiotherapy is to promote and enhance physical health, well-being, and functional abilities of individuals across the lifespan.
- 2 Alleviate Pain: Physiotherapy aims to alleviate pain and discomfort through targeted interventions that address the underlying causes of pain and improve pain management strategies.
- 3 Restore Functionality: The mission involves restoring and improving functional abilities that may have been compromised due to injury, illness, or other physical conditions.
- 4 Prevent Disability: Physiotherapists work to prevent disabilities by addressing physical limitations early on and providing interventions that help individuals maintain or regain independence.
- 5 Enhance Mobility: Physiotherapy focuses on improving mobility and movement patterns, enabling individuals to perform daily activities with greater ease and efficiency
At the conclusion of the DPT program, the student will be able to: Screen, examine, evaluate, and diagnose individuals with impairments, functional limitations and disabilities related to movement, physical dysfunction, health and wellness.
- 1 Clinical Assessment and Diagnosis: To conduct thorough physical assessments and evaluations to diagnose and identify patients’ physical impairments, functional limitations, and underlying conditions.
- 2 Individualized Treatment Planning: To create personalized treatment plans based on assessment findings, patient goals, and evidence-based practices.
- 3 Pain Management: To alleviate pain and discomfort through targeted interventions that address pain sources and promote pain relief.
- 4 Functional Improvement: To improve patients’ functional abilities by designing and implementing exercises, therapies, and techniques that enhance mobility, strength, and coordination.
- 5 Rehabilitation and Recovery: To support patients in their rehabilitation journeys, helping them recover from injuries, surgeries, and medical conditions.
- 6 Prevention and Education: To educate patients about injury prevention, proper body mechanics, and self-care techniques to minimize the risk of future injuries.