Institute of Allied and Paramedical Sciences
Introduction of Department
An Institute of Allied and Paramedical Sciences is an educational institution that offers a range of academic programs and training in various allied health and paramedical disciplines. These institutes play a critical role in preparing students to become skilled professionals who support healthcare teams by providing essential diagnostic, therapeutic, and supportive services.
The primary focus of these institutes is to provide students with comprehensive theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary to excel in their chosen allied health or paramedical professions.
Institute of Allied and Paramedical Sciences offers following BS (4-year) programs
- BS Medical Lab Technology
- BS Medical Imaging Technology
- BS Medical Emergency Care Technology
- BS Anesthesia Technology
- BS Surgical Technology
- BS Dental Technology
- BS Public Health
The mission of an Institute of Allied and Paramedical Sciences revolves around the education, training, and development of skilled professionals who contribute to the healthcare field through various diagnostic, therapeutic, and supportive services. Here’s an outline of the mission in points:
- Quality Education:
To provide high-quality education that equips students with a strong foundation in allied health and paramedical sciences, fostering their academic, technical, and practical skills.
- Professional Competence:
To cultivate professional competence in students by imparting comprehensive theoretical knowledge and practical skills specific to their chosen disciplines.
- Clinical Excellence:
To ensure students are prepared for real-world scenarios by offering practical training and clinical experiences that mimic the healthcare environment they will encounter.
- Evidence-Based Practice:
To instill the importance of evidence-based practice in students, emphasizing critical thinking and decision-making based on scientific research and clinical evidence.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration:
To promote collaboration and communication skills among students, enabling them to effectively work within interdisciplinary healthcare teams.
- Patient-Centered Care:
To emphasize patient-centered care and ethical conduct, ensuring that graduates prioritize the well-being and dignity of patients they serve.
Graduates of the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences Gomal University will:
- 1 Demonstrate profound knowledge of the basics as well as clinical science, with fundamental context and application in their relevant discipline.
- 2 Demonstrate the behaviors of scholarly clinicians by developing and utilizing the process of critical thinking, and inquiry, focused on improvement of practice and delivery of health care.
- 3 Understand, correlate and apply theoretical knowledge, to the practice of health science relevant to their discipline.
- 4 Incorporate positive attitudes and behaviors to the community, and will be able to adopt the changing health care environment, providing quality health care.